A beautiful smile is the most striking feature of your facial aesthetics. It enhances your appearance and personality, which can positively influence your social life and acceptance. But not all are blessed with an aesthetically appealing smile. Fret not! Cosmetic dentistry brings you advanced and innovative technology through porcelain veneers that can help camouflage your dental imperfections.
Our highly skilled dentist in Green Valley, AZ, offers comprehensive porcelain veneers that are tooth-colored shells to rejuvenate your smile and oral aesthetics.
Exploring porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin, customized shells or jackets designed to cover the front surface of a tooth. These tooth-colored laminates offer a durable way of creating or restoring the beauty of your smile and reestablishing oral function and strength. They are personalized according to the shape and shade of your remaining natural teeth, thereby improving your smile and facial aesthetics.
Knowing the uses of porcelain veneers
Cosmetic dentists favor the use of porcelain crowns to correct a wide variety of dental flaws. Porcelain veneers:
- Restore tooth decay, erosion, or attrition
- Repair chipped, broken, or cracked teeth
- Correct smaller-than-normal teeth (due to gingival swelling)
- Close diastemas (gaps between the teeth)
- Restore slightly crooked and crowded teeth
- Eliminate stains that do not improve with teeth whitening
- Fix misshapen teeth
Listing out the benefits of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are becoming a very popular treatment choice for cosmetic dentists since they offer the following benefits:
- Easily blend with your natural teeth
- Require minimal tooth preparation
- Offer excellent durability
- Have a long lifespan ranging between 10 to 15 years
- No risk of allergies
Explaining the process of getting porcelain veneers
Your dentist will evaluate the oral cavity to determine the need for porcelain veneers. Dental X-rays are taken to ensure your teeth are healthy and strong enough to support the veneers.
Your dentist will:
- Administer local anesthesia (a numbing agent) to ease pain and discomfort.
- Prepare the affected tooth by removing a small amount of enamel to ensure a proper fit of the veneer.
- Record full mouth impressions to help the technician create a model to fabricate the veneers.
- Clean your teeth and apply a bonding agent on the prepared teeth surfaces at your second visit (after 2 weeks)
- Fix the permanent porcelain veneer using special dental cement.
- Trim and polish the final veneers before you are sent home.
Porcelain veneers are considered a long-term care for your smile. These cosmetic restorations are increasingly popular globally to rejuvenate your smile, thereby boosting your confidence. Because everyone deserves a beautiful and sparkling smile!