Ever experienced small thick round-shaped rough bumps on your skin? Well, then you are suffering from 皮膚疣.These are skin tumours caused due to human papillomavirus (HPV). Although warts are not dangerous, they can be quite uncomfortable, painful, contagious and of course, embarrassing too.
It is essential to treat warts and get them removed as they can be infectious and uncomfortable too. Plantar and palmer warts grow into the skin and put pressure while walking and holding objects.
This also forces the patient to adopt detrimental locomotor support mechanisms. Few types of warts can be carcinogenic and hence, it is important to diagnose the kind of wart and the treatment it needs.
Retens Medical aesthetic centre in Hongkong offers the best treatment for 脫疣 through CO2 laser technique.
The centre is located in the heart of TsimShaTsui providing comprehensive medical aesthetic services like:
- Wart treatment
- Skin rejuvenation
- Optical treatment
- Firmness lift
- Slimming treatment
- Laser hair removal
They ensure using pure methods with authentic genuine products offering meticulous service to their customers. This is why it has gained its reputation in “she.com Beauty Awards 2021” and has won the “Favourite Frozen Age Medical Beauty Centre Award”.
Types of warts
There are mainly five types of warts
- Common warts: small rough bumps that grow at the back of your fingers, toes, and knees.
- Plantar warts: grows on the feet soles and into the skin
- Flat warts: small, grows on face, arms, or thighs, not painful, common in children
- Filiform warts: grows around the mouth, nose, neck, or under the chin. They are contagious
- Periungual warts grow under and around fingers and toenails. Can be painful and contagious.
Different techniques for wart treatment
There are many techniques and procedures for removing warts but before doing so it’s important to consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis.
- If the wart is painful with bleeding and infection symptoms
- If there is any colour change or appearance
- If the wart is still there even after applying topical ointments
- If the wart is in the genital or anal areas
- If patients with immune deficiency and diabetes have warts
Warts that can be removed by pharmaceutical medicines can be applied for weeks. However, they should not be applied to warts that occur on genital or face areas.
There are certain other techniques for removing warts that are practiced by dermatologists.
The excise method can be used using various medicinal tools like:
- Direct resection with a scalpel
CO2 laser method
The best treatment for 去疣 is the fractional CO2 laser method which is the first choice at Retens Medical aesthetic centre in Hongkong. This process involves a device that emits high-density laser rays resulting in coagulation of blood vessels and wart necrosis.
The laser rays are targeted directly on warts without damaging the surrounding tissues and improving the recovery of the treated area. It also reduces the risk of further infection and bleeding after removing the wart.
Warts are contagious but you can prevent them by washing your hands frequently and not picking them. Get them treated so that they don’t spread further.